Monday, May 9, 2011

Running

So I found one and I don’t want it. Go figure! Lol. Almost three months ago I started corresponding with this guy I met online. A call here and there became a call every day, and so we started this telehone courting thing. I kept hearing over and over again “we have to go out soon”, “we have to meet soon”, “I can’t wait to meet you”, but no plans were ever made. Then one day, he mentions an actual day to meet. I say yes, then he never contacts me the day of. Ok. Calls keep coming. We keep talking. Text messages ignored. First rings are ignored as well. Someone always had to call someone back. Then I suggest a day for a date. He says, yes. The day comes and I get cancellation text. Now I’m curious. Why is this man who calls me every night and have hour long conversations with (even though I am not a phone person), can’t follow through our date plans. So I decide to wait (very out of character for me). Then again, I have nothing else better to do. And oh boy do I love a mystery!

The day comes! Finally! Almost 2 months after initial contact. First date, pretty normal. Food and pool game. Nothing out of the ordinary or extraordinary. Just two adults, eating, drinking, having conversation and enjoying the afternoon. Things that made me "stop short": (1) he held my hand *and God knows how uncomfortable a stranger touching me makes me*; (2) he asked for a hug… without my coat on. Yes, it was requested of me to take my coat off for this hug. HUH???; and, (3) the comment was made that if I had a list of guys I was talking to, he’d hope that list comes down to only one name soon. Yes, in less than two hours after physically meeting.

Whatever. We kissed good night and then I sent myself home. Later that night, the phone rings. Its him. I think “Odd”. He tells me he had a good time and wants to go out again. Mentions a hiking trip and of course I'm game. He finds the need to tell me how great a kisser I am… Uhhh… Ok? We say good night and that’s that for the day. Date number two comes with no cancellations. I figured that’s a good sign. We go on our hiking trip. He gets us lost. I start shittin bricks cause now I’m in the woods with a stranger and go thru escape scenarios in my head. With no need really because this guy is… harmless. He says he’s really interested in me, like seriously. Uh… this is our second date. How can he know this? I brush it off. He holds my hand more and more. I feel a ‘lil weird about it cause, well, I’m not used to it but I say “fuck it.” He hugs and kisses and holds my hands and tells me he doesn’t want me to date other people. He talks about future dates and how he wants to see me, not just the weekends but during the week as well. How he wants to do different activities every time we see each other. How he wants to cook for me and massage me and all this stuff. How he belives in marriage and how he wants to have two kids... Is all this serious talk really necessary so early?

Isn't this what I wanted? What I’ve been searching for? Yeah, pretty much. So, why am I turned off? Why do I not want to go out w this guy, that’s interested in me (and only me – according to him)? My head is spinning!

From now on, I'll try to never ever forget one of my precious online dating rules. Never spend more than two weeks talking to a guy without meeting him. It will prove to be wasted time. If you can manage to meet this "prince" within a week of first contact, even better.

I gotta look more into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment