Monday, January 2, 2012

Dumpsville

Well it's a new season of The Bachelor.  Being Monday and all, and having nothing better to do, why not watch?

I have to admit I enjoy watching all these... um...  emotionally unbalanced, catty, ridiculous, petty women compete for the "love" (more like attention) of one man that got dumped on the very same show, on national television.  Heartbreak and rejection is bad enough when you go through it behind closed doors.  I can't even imagine what type of desperation will move these women to go through the embarrassment of being rejected, played with, and used by some idiot.  Ok, a hot idiot, but an idiot nonetheless.  Whateverssss.  Makes for entertaining TV... Hell, I'm watching!

One scene caught my eye while watching the show and doing some "research" for this blog, where one of the contestants is talking about how her last boyfriend broke up with her.  He did so via text saying "Babe, welcome to Dumpsville... population... YOU."  Total douche!  I can't even imagine how I would react to such text.  Lets just be happy that has not happened to me.

Kinda made me think of that Sex and the City episode (now how GREAT was that show!?!?) where Carrie got dumped via post-it.


Ladies... we are not even worth a face to face break up nowadays.  Sad notion.  Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment