Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The advantages of having an “honest” guy friend

Happy hump day to me! And what’s a hump day without talking a wee bit about sex early in the morning, eh? No, I did not have company last night. What I did have was an interesting text exchange between a guy I met a while back (probably in 2008) through Match.com. What! We have kept communication open. Nothing wrong with that. Hi J!!!! ;-)

Anywhos, I have been reading this book called “Dating Sucks” and it is so right on its scary! As I read through the chapters, all I can think of is “I could’ve written this!”. Whatever, the thing is that I quoted a couple of lines on facebook and my dear friend just HAD to contact me. If you read this… When are we going to meet up for those drinks??? Too busy being a manhoe? *sigh*

Here’s the exchange [enjoy!]:

J: Yep. It’s hard to find a decent dude. Id think there’s def more quality women out there. Men are guided by their penis’ and ego and insecurities most of the time.

J: I’m not one of them and neither are my friends. We’re a different breed. We’re aware of women’s feelings.

Me: Ima quote you on my blog. That was good… at least the first part of it, totally agree!

J: however, I enjoy being single. I do love to make love to a woman. There, lies an issue if one of those women are not comfortable with that. I do think there are a bunch of guys out there who feel and act the same. Loving to give love but not wanting a lasting commitment to one being.

Me: so you think u make love w all these women? U wouldn’t call it fucking? Or sex? To make love id assume ud have to be in love, no?

Me: and… do you tell/inform these girls that “this” has a two week shelve life before the fact? Cause if you don’t … you have to be aware that you are “the asshole” in their conversations.

J: LOL. Not all interactions are similar. AND its not like I’m banging away with multiple women each week or month. You can have a connection with someone and make love on one or a few occasions. The feelings reciprocal and no, I’m not THAT asshole. I will admit that I have been that asshole a few times in my life but I care about others feelings and really only ‘get off’ if they ‘get off’ so all are usually happy.

J: We are gonna have to speak because texting sometimes clouds and miscommunicates.

Me: But do they know there’s no possible future? You didn’t answer that. Do you tell them “I love my freedom” or “I don’t want a committed relationship” or “this is just sex” or anything like that?

At this point he calls me, but I’m at work so I can’t really have this conversation. I pick up and tell him I’m at work and can’t really talk [about this] and proceed to tell him to call me tonight at 8pm if he gets a chance.

Even though right now it’s too damned early for this shit, I am REALLY curious about what he’s got to say about this.

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment