Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sneakers or high heels?

Throughout the years I have learned that first dates mean absolutely nothing. You can go out on a date and be totally horrendous from the beginning, or you can go on a date where everything falls into place. Regardless of the scenario, I can tell you this… no matter how great you thought that first date went (or even how great you feel or look), you are not assured a second one.

So… why go through the aggravation of putting on make up and wearing uncomfy shoes for a stranger? The percentage of us seeing each other again is VERY slim. Why prep myself with nice stuff for a guy that (1) could be a total jackass; or (2) will most likely never see again in my life?

Here’s my theory: I show up as comfortable as possible (if the date is on a work night or a Sunday -- Saturdays are a different story). If the date goes well and he likes me AND we go out on a second date, THEN I’ll dress to impress and be a lil uncomfy. I am not all done up 24/7, so why missrepresent myself on a first date? I want someone to like how I look either wearing sweatpants or jeans… short or long dress. Sneakers and flip flops, sandals and high heels.

So I’ll keep showing up as the real me. Later if lighting strikes, then I’ll make sure I’ll “shine” for the one that stuck around even tho I looked like ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment